YEAR 8 – 2nd TERM 2020-2021
1. Nutrition in plants
- Experiments on photosynthesis
- Factors affecting the rate of photosynthesis
- Measuring the rate of photosynthesis.
2. Nutrition in Animals
B) Digestive system –
i) The alimentary canal
ii) Digestion in the:
- Mouth & movement of food down the oesophagus
iii) Absorption of food in the Ileum.
-Structure of the Ileum and its adaptation to absorption
iv) 2.33B practical: investigate the energy content in a food sample
TERM 1 (2020-2021)
• Coastal environment: introduction
• Processes that shape the coast.
• Characteristics of waves
• Processes of wave erosion
• Features of wave erosion; cliffs, caves, arches, stamps
• Processes of wave transportation
• Wave deposition
• Features of wave deposition
PHYSICS YEAR 8 SYNOPSIS -TERM 2, 2020/2021
1. THERMAL ENERGY TRANSFER
- Energy efficient houses
· Magnetic poles
· Hard and soft magnetic materials
· Magnetic field lines and fields for one magnet and between two magnets
3. ELECTROMAGNETISM AND THEIR APPLICATIONS
· Electric current in a conductor produces magnetic field around it
· Construction of electromagnets
· Magnetic field patterns for a straight wire, a flat circular coil and a solenoid when each is carrying a current.